Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer of Colors - Week 6

Dear friends,
This is a bittersweet post for me. This week is the final week of Summer of Colors 2: Ice-cream Inspiration Challenge. Kristin of Twinkle Twinkle had revealed our very last ice-cream flavor, Watermelon Ice. I had the most fun participating in the last five weeks with various projects. Thanks Kristin for hosting this lovely challenge!.

Inspiration for Week 6: Watermelon Ice

My finished project: Altered Mini Album.

This was originally a business card holder/album. I took out the plastic sleeves inside, punched the spine with Zutter and added 20 pieces of black, 4" X 3" cardstock papers.  Then I stamped at the front and back covers with black gesso. Lastly, added some chunky charms to the coil binder.


The watermelon ice-cream color is screaming hearts & love! :)). LOVE the red. I have been keeping this business card holder for more than a year and I just thought it would be perfect for a little project, a tribute to love and romance of Paris!. I have never been to Paris, actually. Always been in my 'places-to-go' wish bucket, hopefully I could visit Paris one day and sketch!!. 

I think this little album can also be a mini sketch book or even a tiny art journal :).

So, I'll meet you all again in next year's Summer of Colors Challenge :). It is such a great way to meet, make new friends, share my art and learn from the masters. Thank you for all your kind words and have a great summer!.

Hugs,
Shahrul

32 comments:

  1. this is fabulous and so clever! I think it would be fantastic if you filled it with little mini watercolours (perhaps ACEOs if the wallet is the right size?) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is fabulous work. So beautiful, I love it.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wallet, this will be something to treasure along your way! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super mini-album amazing what you have done to it, makes me want to go to Paris - LOL BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! What a fab idea and I love the gesso stamping - so effective. I hope you get to Paris one day - it's worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is so clever...Love your little album...I hope you get to Paris one day and fill it with sketches!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little mini and how fun those black pages will be to fill up!! Hope you can get to Paris one day!!

    I'm taking a little blog break (see my blog) for a couple weeks. Have a fun time creating gorgeous art and I can't wait to come back and catch up on them. I will miss reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dawn!. Thanks. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and my cats' paws crossed, LOL. Have a great blog break, soak up the sun and enjoy those carefree days :). I'll missed talking you :). Hugs.

      Delete
  8. That is lovely! And such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea and little paintings would look great in it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so sweet.... I love the effect of the gesso stamping.

    Do go to Paris! I went when I was a child but would given half a chance go again tomorrow :)

    The charms are a nice addition

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this fab album cover, brill work. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous mini-album, love it! I LOVE Paris, we went there a couple of years ago (with our 2 teenagers) and it was wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so FAB, love all the details in your mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This us so beautiful...how did you get that guessoed stamp look...its wonderful...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy!. I basically stamped using black gesso, not with ink :).

      Delete
  15. that black gesso stamp on red looks very sexy..hehe...awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Genius to use the zutter to re-purpose it! The gesso stamping is elegant on the cover! WOW!! What a way to wrap up Summer of Color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful! I've been thinking of getting one of those Zutters myself, they look pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that's so pretty! I've not used my BIA for an absolute age - must drag it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is gorgeous!!! MATCHES the colors perfectly! Maybe you will help get that trip to Paris now with this little album just screaming to get filled up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a wonderful idea, to make a little journal out of a business card holder. I love how you stamped with the gesso, I'll have to try that now. I'm loving the red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful little album.. love the stamping and the colors are fantastic...
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful transformation! Love that gesso stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omgosh, I love your altered mini! It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP