Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gypsy Chunky ATC

Sweet friends,
I have not heard of chunky ATC until a couple of months ago. I went Pinning for altered bottles and then, I saw one. "Hello ... what are you?". I quickly learnt that chunky ATCs are very much like ATCs on steroids!. They are bulky, blocky, tall, overflowing with embellies, yet super fun looking. Inspired, I decided to make one with a little twist :). An altered perfume bottle, just added a skeleton key and calling it chunky ATC. 

Here's my chunky lady;
Front view.


Its past life was a perfume bottle (A&F). I cleaned it well, dried, covered up the labels with gesso & acrylic paint and then the fun began. Heavily embellished with burlap, metal charms, crystal and beads.


This is fun mainly because I could use my limited jewelry making skill to embellish this glass bottle. LOVE glass chunky ATC better than the wooden block ones. They catch the sunlight beautifully. Give it a try, sometime :).

Light & Love,
Shahrul

5 comments:

  1. wahh so cool these ATCs!! full of cool stuffs in and out! Love it!
    are those metal clasp from jewellery item you upcycle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, buatlah...then I'll make some more to swap :). I'll keep this one, hehe. Nope, not a pendant nor an earring. I don't know what you call it, was on sale at Masjid India. Maybe pengantin's stuff, I think :).

      Delete
  2. WOW! I just love stopping in here to see what you create. such a fabulous idea to use glass bottles for chunky ATC. LOVE IT!!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda. I'm not so sure if there's glass chunky ATC, but I just love to call it so, LOL. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I really love how you connected the chains vertically with the clasp/keys.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP