Saturday, July 28, 2012

At Fifteen

Hello friends,
I was amazed at how very talented teenagers are these days, especially in art!. I've met many great artists while participating Summer of Colors 2012 recently. One whom really special is a 15 year old mixed media artist, Jordan Hill who is featured at Balzer Design yesterday!. Check her out as not only that she shares great pictorial step-by-step tutorial, but gives crispy clear explanation on her methods. Inspired.

I love how she just randomly scribbled her pages with just black sharpie before starting to paint them. I love this so much, I decided to try :). 

My finished pages;

I started by writing a 'diary' about what I did when I was 15. Random notes of funny things and high school memories. First I scribbled with a black sharpie. Then I made circles with soft pastels on the top and bottom page. Spritzed with water to wet and allowed some to drip. Repeated this until I have covered most of the pages with colors. 


When that dried, I drew hearts and dotted stems with correction pen. Added metal chains, some gauze, wooden embellishments and words from Collection Elements for additional texture.


Added metal chains for chunkiness. Old earring, lock & gauze for texture. And my effortless, gauzy heart. LOVE.


That's all I have, just a quick post. I'm going off for some mixed-media play at Scrappingville now :). Have a fun Saturday!.

Hugs,
Shahrul

10 comments:

  1. Hello Shahrul,

    WOW, what an amazing journal page you have made!! I am loving all the color and drippage, so cool. How fun to write about life back when you were 15, life was so different then what it is today. I didn't get to read Julie's post yet, will have to go see what this amazing 15yr old did though, how exciting to be so young and have an art journal in her life. Love that she inspired you!

    My favorite favorite thing on your page is the gauzy heart, such a great idea and it came out so nice. The little red heart piece on it is cute too.
    Have fun at your class? can't wait to see what you make!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!. Do check her when you have the chance :). Oh yeah, that gauzy heart was just a spur of the moment idea, but it's just so cute I think :). WOW, our art jamming today was awesome!. I've got to play with beautiful gelatos, Dylusional Inks and cool stamps, Claudine Helmut's acrylic paint (in cute little bottles) and Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus fine art liquid watercolor!. BLISS.

      Delete
    2. I meant Claudine Hellmuth's acrylic ink. Typing too fast here :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Shahrul! I will check this out, as I love what you have created with her inspiration! Thank you so much: your giveaway gift of jewelry arrived yesterday, as soon as I got back from vacation!! The necklace is absolutely gorgeous! I love the bracelet and it fits perfectly! I am so excited! Thank you, thank you! ~kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy!. I'm so glad they made it!!:)). You are so welcome!. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shahrul! LOVE these pages and YES...Can u believe that youngster made those awesome pages?? :) She is talented! What great inspiration :) I also love this Orangey post below :) your blog is such a fun place for me to visit and get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane!. She is amazing!. Do you know she is starting a new art challenge on her blog soon? :). What fun. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I just love this page cos I love to scribble and doodle a lot! Jordan's descriptive style will take her a long way in this arena. Very clear And precise! Lovely and fun page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree :). Amazing girl. You did great with doodling too!

      Delete
  5. Very cool! I'm saving that post from Julie's for when I have more time... I'm so far behind on the people I follow regularly... my mailbox is a mess! Love that you jumped right in and ran with it.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP