Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fancy A Bubble Wrap Necklace?

Dear friends,
I'm so excited to share a website that shows how to make a necklace out of bubble wraps!. Yaha, my jaw certainly d.r.o.p.p.e.d!. Sherri Haab and Michelle Haab featured a cool bubble wrap necklace in their book, "Jewelry Upcycled!". Check out their great tutorial here and you'll be making one handsome jewelry piece in no time :). I tried making one last night and was quite happy how it turned out. I also added a pair of earrings just for fun.

The finished project.

Some of the materials used; glass beads, bubble wrap discs, jump rings, findings and salvaged bracelet & necklace. If followed the tutorial very closely, you'll ended up with quite sturdy fused bubble wrap sheets. The more layers of bubble wraps, the thicker the fused sheets would be. From here, I drew and cut circles of various sizes before punched holes in them. Then continued assembling the glass beads and bubble wrap discs with jump rings & findings to the necklace using jewelry-making tools.


I love how the fused bubble wrap discs retained its original 'bubble', yet compacted. They have such beautiful sheen, almost like pearly shells. 

Do check out LESSology Challenge #16 (Bubble Boy or Girl) for great inspirations from the designing team, many more cool ways to upcycle bubble wraps . Come along join in the fun with us!. Till next, have a good Wednesday :).

Hugs,
Shahrul

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this!! Its the ultimate recycling and looks awesome as well ... F A N T A S T I C. Thanks for the share!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs, Kelly. Would be fun to try make them for your girls :).

      Delete
  2. These look amazing. What a wonderful idea.. Who would have thought you could you bubble wrap to make jewelry..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Awesome to find this tutorial and it's doable :). Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, these remind me of the beautiful Silver Dollar plants my grandmother grew in her gardens! Gorgeous jewelry!! Thank you for your sweet wishes and comments, and yes, I did bake all three luau birthday desserts! My son likes cherry chip cake with vanilla frosting. My brother loves key lime pie, and for my mother-in-law, I design and make fresh raspberry chocolate cake! That one was the favorite this year...and its all gone...! I liked the grilled pineapple with dinner...! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool to know!!. I have never seen silver dollar plants before :). You ROCK with all the cakes, making me hungry now. Love grilled pineapple too!.

      Delete
  4. Oh Shahrul- how pretty-and what a perfectly clever idea!! As Kathy above commented, the first thing I thought of was a money tree(silver dollar plant) :) I definitely plan on trying this-with a twist- but will keep it on the back burner for now as my summer is SO busy. I am working on necklaces (like the one you shared with the tutorial link for one of your colors of summer challenges-thank you!)to give to a group of friends we'll be with at the beach in Aug. I'll share them on my blog after they've received them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that's really great to hear you're making more jewelry for friends!. I'm liking this craft even more now :).

      Delete
  5. Very awesome idea! it looks like those seashells they use for lamp shades. Exactly!
    I love this!! Good job Shahrul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, siput kapis right?. I have that one at home right now :). Thanks so much.

      Delete
  6. Wow these are gorgeous.. thanks for sharing the tut for it too..
    Kath
    xx

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP