Monday, July 16, 2012

Have You Seen Bubble Wrap Dandelions?

Dear friends,
In search of random items to play in my journal, I was nicely surprised to find bubble wraps hidden deep in my craft closet. What a benign neglect on my part!. I used to pop bubble wraps with my cats when they were young kittens, so much fun. And soon enough, they ended up as dandelions on my journal. LOL.


I started by sticking masking tapes randomly over the pages to create some sort of patchwork. Colored over it with blue soft pastel and smudged with wet finger. After that dried, I decoupaged some decorative tissue papers. Later adhered brown twines, gauze and bubble wrap (as dandelions). Smudged gesso on bubble wraps. Lastly, drew circles & dots around each circles and wrote 'Carry my dreams, dandelions' in black india ink.


Bubble wrap as dandelions. Gauze as clouds. And decoupaged rose garden!. Happiness.

Another fun use of bubble wraps. This month at LESSology, we are also playing with bubble wraps!. Take a peek at fabulous ideas using bubble wrap and come play along with our Challenge #16: Bubble Boy or Girl!.

I'm also linking up my journal pages today to Art Journal Cafe (Tissue Paper Challenge)Have a good Monday, everyone!. 

Hugs,
Shahrul

26 comments:

  1. what a good idea these dandelions! I love it! Very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAwwwww .... these are gorgeous ... an such a great idea ... thank you so much for sharing!xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbes pages avec toutes ces matieres!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!!!

    I seriously would never have thought of bubblewrap dandelions. They look so pretty :)

    I love how you used the masking tape... another great idea!

    Totally gorgeous

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen!. LOL, yeah me too. That was like a last minute light bulb there :). Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Ohhh sweet mother of all that's crafty...you've used my favorite pasttime on your card. Bubble wrap! What a youthful addiction I have to them. Not once did I ever think while pummeling them with my feet how cool they'd look on a project. Dyn-O-mite project!! Looks fantastic and rich and full of texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!. Is there anyone on earth hates bubble wrap, I wonder?. Love how 'bubbly' my journal is now :). Thanks, girl!!.

      Delete
  6. Such a super awesome great idea for bubble wrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lalo! If I'm any good at making cards, bubble wraps may ended up on them too :). I'm definitely going to play with it some more. Thanks!. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous! The bubble wrap dandelions are ingenious! Rich textures and colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One cool fact; one pops (bubble wrap) and and the other puffs (dandelions). Hence, they're portrayed as one in my journal :).

      Delete
  8. Wow! Very wonderful creations ~ especially using bubble wrap ~~ thanks, ^_^ ( A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. Wonder if artmusedog ever play with it? :). Hugs.

      Delete
  9. lovely page with a great use of the bubblewrap! thanks for playing with us at art journal café :)
    france, one of the frappuccinos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, France!. I'm glad that I finally played along :). Thanks.

      Delete
  10. Oh my! Awesome use of the bubble wrap! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne. Definitely fun when 'warmed' up to it. So many possibilities. *wink*.

      Delete
  11. splendid idea! never thought of using a popped bubble wrap. i love doing it too..sometime sampai pijak2..
    great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. marvelous dimension & pages! :) at first i thought you made the dandelions out of lace. upon further inspection, i saw it was bubble wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not! But it doesn't surprise me to find them here because i always find new and unexpected elements in your pages. That's why it's always a treat to show up. Super texture and color here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what I did with my other message, I tried to modified them bu I deleted....ok ! I said that I appreciate your page for is joy and good humor ! She is very very nice ! Thank you to participate to our challenge. See you soon at AJC
    Carol One of the Frappucinos

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP