Monday, July 30, 2012

Measuring Tape Wonders

Hello,
If you are like me, you'll never look at measuring tapes the same way again :). I'm playing with some tapes and quickly recalled a unique and FUN jewelry gift set by Lalo Ik @ crafting in LALA-land. I totally forgotten about it until now. Measuring tapes are flat enough like ribbons so I thought I should try make some jewelry, inspired by her gift set.

Here's my version;
 A pair of earrings and a simple bracelet.

Alternatively, if you favor bangles you could use a longer tape, measure it to fit your wrist, apply a couple of eyelets to both ends and add metal clasp & jump ring for closure. Or just use velcro for simplicity :). To vamp it up, add a couple more holes and attach pretty charms to the bangle :).


I think they are perfect for kids and the young-at-hearts alike. And it is a very quick project too. Try it sometime :). 

Hugs,
Shahrul

13 comments:

  1. This is such a creative idea.. They look so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  2. First the hinges and now this??? What's next...shower curtain rings with tassles for bracelets?? I LOVE THEM!!! This would make such an adorable gift for a teacher, seamstress or a cross-dressing carpenter!!! Super ideas. ;)
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you've done with the measuring tape is just totally cool, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahhh....splendid la u! It's so fun! You must be thinking even in your sleep on ideas to crafts.....hehehe....good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are soooo cute and creative. You always have fun making things don't you. SERIOUSLY CUTE!! Great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Shahrul...I've been commenting MIA and missed this post!!! SO so cool I'm pinning this right now. That's for the shout out too. You are so sweet glad I could inspire someone so inspiring as yourself :) I'll so I was wondering if you notice the art journal you sent to me on my instagram layout!!! It got pined by American Crafts and now it's pinning like crazy!!! Okay long comment but I miss stopping by here so.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. What a great news!!!. I've been MIA myself, my laptop is currently in it's moody gloomy episodes. So I can't blog much, but to hear this news is a delight!!!. HUgs.

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP