Sunday, July 1, 2012

Old Rubons Make Great Background!

Hello,
Yesterday, I discovered the most beautiful RED masking tapes!. Yup, the humble masking tapes now come in bright red color and I can't be happier. Wonder if I'm the last one who knew about this. LOL. 

I like to use masking tapes a lot in my art journal and the beige-yellowish color is becoming so plain lately. And these red tapes are making me so excited!. Life's simple pleasures.

Here are some pages I made this morning using these lovely tapes and my handmade stamps;


I adhered some newsprint tissue papers on one side and on the opposite page I made use of the old (not-so-sticky) rubons as background. Colored over these busy background with red water-soluble crayon and finger-smudged with some water. After that finger-painted the whole pages with aqua acrylic paint, left a few spots just to show patches of tissue papers and rubons. 


Then (adventurously) stamped in a row, skeleton key images using my hand-carved stamps on top of page. Added the red masking tapes across the pages and some labels with words 'BE YOU, MAKE YOUR OWN' on them. Lastly, finger-smudge left over aqua paint on the edges of the red tapes. 

Loved that tissue papers and old rubons peeking underneath the aqua background.

So, don't throw away the bad rubons just yet, they make a great journal page background. See you next, Happy Sunday!.

Hugs,
Shahrul

13 comments:

  1. Great idea and a beautiful page, Shahrul. Like your idea of recyling old rub-ons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lili. Missed you!. Yeah, don't we have LOTS of old rubons & stickers??. Good old hoarding trips to Nadrah's. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I don't throw anything away :) LOVELY page...the red is gorgeous!!! I never seen masking tape in red before so now I'm the last to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Lalo!. Sometimes I need to think 6 different things to do with stuff before I throw them :). I know, what a gem that red tapes :). I was lucky.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this! I really enjoy your work and your journal pages are incredible! Thank you for your comment on my blog...I am excited to have won your gorgeous lace necklace, wow!! Thank you!, kath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy!. I have just discovered your blog too and I'd enjoyed my visit :). Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love everything about this page, the texture, the color contrast - the tape, yes! I believe I'm a new visitor here too... anyways, new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Lindsay. I've always love your macro photography and quite fascinated with your ability to have vivid dreams and journaled about them!. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. OUT-STANDING. Your giddy fascination with red tape really came through on this post..LOL. I think it looks great along with your finger painting and hand carved stamps; which I might add, look very aligned. :)
    Beautiful work and that's a great tip too. Never throw anything away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and bright your page is today, LOVE THE COLORS TOGETHER!! Great job on your stamping, they look cool. I haven't used the tissue paper yet but it's on my wish list.

    Just seeing this page has me itching to get my paints out and get messy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE,LOVE the turquoise blue with that pop of red tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made them look new again! Love your colors and your pages.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP