Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crumpled Aluminium Foil

Hello,
Last month I saw Donna Downey used aluminium foils on her journal pages. How funky is that??. Check out her post & video here to see how she did it. So I tried it, crumpled and glued some aluminium foils on my pages just as I would with crumpled tissue papers. The TEXTURE is just crazy, my pages felt like the roughest sand papers!. 


First glued aluminium foils on journal pages with gel medium I applied gesso all over the aluminium foiled pages, so I could color on them. Over these, I colored with gelato sticks in pink/red/purple/fuschia and smudged with wet finger. Gelato colors are quite transparent, so I added some red & yellow water-soluble crayons over it.


Inspired by Marjie's funky art journal, I made a stencil out of a model's silhouette from a magazine clipping!. I need a contrasting background, so I stamped all over the stencil some black gesso. See the wrinkles?. Superb. Lastly, doodle with black india ink and added words from Collection Elements. I'm so happy to use my newly carved eraser stamp for the background. Lastly, added tiny beads on the floral stamp image for fun :).



I had so much fun with these pages. If you have any cool materials you think I should try use in my journal, just let me know. I'll be happy to play :).

Hugs,
Shahrul

21 comments:

  1. WOW ... the colours and patterns in this are just S T U N N I N G !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shahrul, i like how you show the details so, we can see the texture. you made an excellent hand carved stamp! :) good idea about the magazine image as a stencil. i follow donna, but haven't watched one of her wednesday videos in awhile. did you use gel medium to glue the beads on the flower? what did you use to write the "art from my heart tiny dreamer"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I used gel medium to stick those beads onto the flowers. Maybe I need to use it generously cause now the beads are falling off! LOL. I used a tiny brush dipped in black india ink to write those words ... free hand doodling :).

      Delete
  3. Oh wow...I just had the idea to use my son's milk powder aluminum cover, which is normally thrown away once the milk is used.its quite thick though. But I can use my Mom's aluminum wrap, which she is using to wrap foods. Haha....she's going to wander soon why the aluminum wrap keep going missing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milk powder's tin are quite thick, isn't it. Might hurt when you crumple it :). Although, they would make great embossed art, kan?. Aluminium wrap is definitely better for the journal pages.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, LOVE the texture! Must try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, it's amazingly fun to feel the pages when the 'wrinkles' dried. LOL. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. These pages are amazing!!! You did such a fantastic job capturing the textures in your photos. I love the close up shot of the beads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer!. Sometimes I need close ups to show texture and little details :).

      Delete
  6. These are so gorgeous! I love the layers and textures. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fabulous Shahrul! I'm off to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow again! this is AMAZING.. love the texture and what an amazing idea creating stamps from eraser.. u are always SO creative lah!! love all the details, wish i can touch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Maz!. I wonder if boleh guna aluminium foils on layout :). Thanks so much. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Amazing textures and bold colours! Love your hand-carved stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!!! How awesome this is, love love it all. Thanks so much for showing and describing the process as you make your pages, so cool to see it being made!!

    The little added beads really make the page, the texture is yummy and the colors are WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here I am reading every word trying to figure out the way you used the foil and then I'm hit in the eye with a kind link to my own blog... thanks so much for the shout out! I just love what you have done on these pages. It's amazing the contrast in the look of the page based on the parts you've stamped and those you haven't. Just LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP