Thursday, July 12, 2012

Find Your Magic

Hi, how was your day?. 
It's a strange day for me as I was feeling tired for no reason!. I was out having lunch, then a little grocery shopping then came home to feed the cats. I took a nap and I must tell you it was a restless one!. I remembered seeing bloody red paint & black doodle flash about in my mind's eye.  I got up and started painting :).

Here's what I made;

I did a bad job at stenciling a paper doily with black gesso!. All smudgy, LOL.

This image from Marie Claire magazine helped me a bit;

Painted background with water-soluble crayons (in red & orange), I collaged a pretty lady and decided to decoupaged some roses on her cheeks :). Rosy cheeks, literally!. Then added bits of tissue papers and red burlaps for texture.


First time having a face on my pages. I saw Julie Balzer painted some faces on her journal pages, I thought I should try. She paints well, I can't so I collage :). Quite fun. Especially putting the tiara on :). So that's it. Good nite, friends.

Hugs,
Shahrul

P/s: Come join me and LESSology team on this month's challenge; Bubble Boy or Girl. You'll have a chance at winning a place to Heidi Myers' class 'Words & Text', Part 2

25 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! It makes my heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Candace, thanks for following! :). I'm glad you enjoyed it :). Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You have done it again - LOVE the red! I'm feeling the same way today... just plain tired. My favorite part has to be the rosy cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red, this is a fun piece of art. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that bold and powerful red Shahrul and the image with the rosy cheeks is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, the red is empowering :). Thanks, Linda.

      Delete
  5. Your face is fab! The rosy cheeks and the crown bring her to life in your journal! Love all the texture too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a face on the journal makes it really engaging :). Thanks so much!. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Wow! The red is so eye-popping! Love how you've been experimenting! The fatigue is probably from the heat...drink lots of water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think THAT was it, the heat. I need to hydrate. Thanks my friend :).

      Delete
  7. yUMMy!!! RED gorgeousness! You also make me chuckle! Great pages with faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you decoupage the roses on the cheek! Awesome! Great colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seronok le ... hmmmm, been thinking how to revamp my pages lately. Hence the rosy cheeks :). Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Love the "rosy cheeks" and the burlap texture, great pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the cheeks :). HUgs.

      Delete
  10. The background red is so cool and the lady looks lovely.Great try on faces Shahrul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan!. I cheat a little bit by using her face, since I don't paint faces well :). Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Ohhh I love your page! love the texture and the limited color! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Piarom. It's fun to just work on one color, then I can play more with embellishments and texture without being too crowded :). Hugs.

      Delete
  12. Va va voom! She's so rich and vibrant... digging all that red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm gaga over red now as you can tell :). Thanks!.

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP