Thursday, February 28, 2013

more of my Life Art Journal pages

Hello friends,
how you've been?. I took a rest, yet again but today I'm back sharing some more of my Life Art Journal pages. These I done for quite some time already. Nonetheless, each one of them are dear to my heart. Do enjoy :).

I LOVE dream catchers and I AM a day dream believer :). 



And yes, I am  a boho girl. 

I saw a girl wearing a nice crochet dress on Pinterest and I decided to draw her. Click here to see the original pin. Don't you love her dress?.




I don't quite like this one. I had glued paper doilies on the page before coloring, and the page bulked up. And I feel bad for the sad bunny in the cup, I can't quite capture it :). 


This one was me, sitting on the moon looking down the road less traveled.


I love doodling laces, this one was done with a blue pigment pen.


I did this one, imagining that I am a writer :).

I decoupaged the roses from tissue paper.


This one is my favorite. Something we all could relate to :). It tells us that we are all artist at heart, doesn't matter what we do everyday ... we are merely an artist for as long as you love doing it. 

Like gardening and keeping journals;

or just taking pictures;

or collecting jewelry;

or sewing;

Most importantly, do things that make us happy. Yes, doing nothing counts too, LOL. Which I do a lot by the way :). I drew all these pages while sitting quietly, sipping tea or coffee at cafes. Over a few days, I think. A small sketch with pencil a day and then later colored them at home. Yes, you can do this too :).

Have a great week. I leave you with lots of hugs. See you soon!.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! This whole post is an incredible work of art. I was going to start by telling you how much I loved your feathers, but then the lace came, and you sitting on the moon, and... Wow! I am so impressed by the way you think and the way you create beauty. I will look at all of this again and again...after work! Hugs, kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am really crazy, I tell ya! I dream a lot and hence, all these heartfelt creations. Thanks so much, dearest!. HUGS.

      Delete
  2. Hey there, stop putting all the wonderful work in one go, I want to comment one by one, LOL!! The lace and the girl is a WOW and all the rest is also a WOW!! Love your art!!! Love from Nilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Nilla you're stinking cute!. Have you had any painting parties in your garden, lately??. Thanks so much. HUGS.

      Delete
  3. You are an AMAZING artist ... you never cease to amaze and entrance me with these journal entries!! LOL hugs from kel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kel!!. One of many things I cherish is to share my work with friends, makes me happy :).

      Delete
  4. Shahrul...I adore you! So glad I found your blog and I get to see all the wonderful things you create. You are a true artist and a beautiful soul!!! Love each page you shared today and that last page...AWESOME!
    "I LOVE dream catchers and I AM a day dream believer"...Me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I met you too, dearest!!. Thanks so much for your kind words, they always make me happy :). HUGS.

      Delete
  5. WOW WOW WOW!! Shahrul, I LOVE LOVE when you share these life art pages, they are always beautiful and your talent is AMAZING!!

    There is so many things to love: the LACE DRESS!!!! the sweet bunny, the TREES, dreamcatchers are beautiful, the last page is so WOW, the lace again!!!

    I love these so much!! How do you think of so many different themes for your pages, I love the way your imagination creates!!

    Happy weekend and happy drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, did I tell you I dream a lot?, yeah day dreaming too. Glad you enjoyed them :). Simple things inspire me easy enough, so I jot down ideas in little notebooks and then think about it more later. The next thing I know, I'm painting them :). Thanks so much, Dawn!. HUGS.

      Delete
  6. Lovely journal Shahrul! And the water coloring is an amazing work too! I took time off from crafting too..got sick and still am. I'm only doing light doodling...hehe...light doodling? Take care you..I see a lot of sick people in clinic...it's probably the weather or some flu bug...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, not to mention I got sick too. NO fun. It's weird though, I don't go to crowded places yet sometimes I do catch these bugs :P. Must drink lots of water!!. Hey, you take care too :). Thanks for stopping by. HUGS.

      Delete
  7. These really do look amazing. You are such an inspiration for me. I just love seeing your Journal pages.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. Every time I draw a bird, I think of you :). I LOVE LOVE your photography, so full of story and life!. HUGS.

      Delete
  8. I can't believe the amount of work you do! It's out of this world amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's over a long time, Dina :). Thank you so much. I have painting them as much as I'm sharing them with ya!. Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Oooh lah lah! So much eye candy in one post... a treat! TFS your lovely pages, Shahrul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome journal and love the way you coloured, the water colour effect, the flowing and everything in between are just too awesome. You have got to teach me some day babe! I am "kreaaazyyy" seeing your art journal. Amazing job! Have a great week ahead. xx

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP