Sunday, February 17, 2013

more paper quilt

Dear friends,
My weekend is quiet so far, which enables me to do a little art. I added two more 'paper quilt' pages in my collage journal. Somehow, I love the lay back attitude of these pages. Easy stitching, and random paper collage. Here's how they looked;


I arranged a few torn pattern paper scraps, torn fabric, pieces of old book cover and measuring tape on a piece of old book page. Applied a little glue to keep them in-place. Next, I cut out a few paper hearts and adhered them down to the page with masking tape. Applied gesso all over the page with a dry brush. Discarded the paper hearts, and I'm left with sweet heart spots. I smudged pearlescent chalk with cotton bud on a few hearts too. LOVE these simple heart masks. Lastly, I added stitches on selected parts of the paper patches.



I hand stitched the word LOVE on one of the paper patch.

A little blush from pearlescent chalk.

The other pages, with triangle fabric bunting, inspired by my geometric post from yesterday.

Added a lace heart cutout to mimic the doilies pattern paper.


I saw this geometric pattern on a book page. Love it and decided to sew a few cross-stitches on it as additional texture.

That's it, a quick update on the collage journal. If you like to try this but don't have all that time to stitch large collage, make little ATC-size ones. Or perhaps, inchies ones. Perfect for Project Life inserts too, I think :). Until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend!. HUGS.

11 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOOOOVE that stitching!!! I'm beaming from ear to ear seeing this! Gorgeous work my friend that just evokes smiles. :D
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS pages Shahrul!!! You must be stitching in your sleep :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bingo! ... you were right, Linda. I dreamt about cross-stitching on paper one night :)). I woke up and first thing, jotted down what I remembered. Yup, I keep a dream journal :)). Thank you so much. HUGS.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE this so much!! So glad your sharing more fun pages this morning. Isn't it nice to just play and use up bits and pieces of scraps but together they make such a pretty page. I love them both and everything you did,can't pick a favorite. Hope you will be doing more and sharing them again, they make me happy!!

    I saw the post below and LOVE it, thanks for sharing and inspiring us with it!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stitching on papers? Wow...great work on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. This is fabulous. Love your beautiful collages...love the mix and textures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that texture and the stitching! Fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP