Sunday, November 4, 2012

looking through the key hole

Sweet friends,
Another Alice in Wonderland themed pages from me today :). I decided to peek through the key hole and see what's beyond the gate :). Unlike Alice, I think about 6 'Possible' things before breakfast instead. 


I wrapped the entire pages with aluminium foil and lightly gessoed them. This was the second time I'm journaling on aluminium foil. You could peek at my first try, here.


I actually made a 'key hole' mask with a paper. Colored the foil with water-soluble crayons. When dried, stamped over it with my diamond hand-carved eraser stamp, brushed with PLAID ebony stains. [You could do away with black acrylic ink or black gesso too].


Both pages are meant to be one large playing card. So, I added some red & bronze metal heart snaps on three corners.

Added a key, black & blue 'talking flowers' for dimension.

I decoupaged climbing roses from tissue papers. 
Look great on the crumpled foil texture too.

Any metal foils are fun to work with. Gesso them first before doing any painting. Skip gesso if you're using alcohol inks. Have fun recycling those foils!.
Hugs.

15 comments:

  1. Shahrul you have a beautiful mind! This foil covered page is vibrant and thought provoking. I'll admit, I've never thought of these 6 things before breakfast, but I LOVE that you do!! Your tips couldn't have come at a better time as I have a foil project coming up and I would have used gesso with the alcohol inks...OOPS! :) Keep using that tissue paper too, the visuals of texture are gorgeous!
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend and hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lisa!. Thanks so much. Some may called me weird but I LOVE imagining things, especially before coming out of bed! LOL. And I jot down all my dreams in a dream journal, cause sometimes I paint in dreams :). Alcohol inks work perfect on any non-porous surface. Your ink will be vibrant without gesso :). HUGS you back :).

      Delete
  2. New ways for foil...WOW!!! Love the Alice page and the "6 'Possible' things before breakfast". Miss this sweet blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Lalo, where have you been?. Missed you so much :). Thanks!. BIG HUGS to you.

      Delete
  3. Well I finally made it back to your blog to have a look at what you have been up to and WOW ... your work is beautiful and deep and ever evolving! ... this journal is going to be something spectacular when it is finished. Smiles from Kel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Kel!. My journal has become sort of an experiment book lately, LOL. Glad to have you visiting :)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing. I love how you started out with foil. I really need to give that a try.. It add great texture.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...I truly love the way you always "take things to the next level"..very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so wonderfully creative my dear and it is such a delight every time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Using foil as your base is brilliant, it adds such fabulous texture and I love the layering of colors, designs and images on top. Also love what you've written with your list of possible things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, you are soooo creative and talented my friend! I just love seeing what you will create next, it always makes me smile! That foil is so cool, would love to run my hand over this page. The keyhole and journaling are all amazing. It's easy to see the joy you get from creating!!

    I tried posting my Halloween photos but computer giving me hard time. Will try to in the morning. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your creativity astounds me true artist shahrul! not only do i like how your page looks i like what you said too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Moley! It's clear you had fun making this gorgeous page. So many lush details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool artwork! oh yess.. i love working on metal foils too.... espcially with alcohol inks..hehe.. i love this page! gorgeous! gorgeous! need i say more?...

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP