Thursday, November 1, 2012

I chose the former

Hello,
I'm making journal pages with lots of glitter & gold today. Take a peek on the glitter & gold inspiration posted last week :). When I saw that pumpkin, I knew I had to use my hand-carved leaf stamp & the champagne acrylic paint in my journal. Here's what I made;


I'm still thinking about the rainbow I saw last week. And I found just the perfect quote for it. However, no idea who wrote it. [Can  you help?, so I could give a proper credit]. I definitely chose the former. Enjoy the beauty. Don't think I'll be out shoveling anytime soon :).


I first glued down TYPO tissue papers on blank pages. Applied some champagne-colored acrylic paint with a rubber brayer. When dried, stamped with white acrylic ink and pearl gold poster color. Dripped some white ink and stamped circles with a bottle lid. Lastly, added a few washi tapes, DYMO words and foam dots.


Multi-layers of paint & ink. The white intricate patterns is from hand-carved stamp, dabbed with white acrylic ink. I wrote the quote with a small brush, dipped in black india ink.

With all the layering, my pages are still TOO shiny!. 
LOL. I'll do better next.

I like to extend love & caring thoughts to anyone affected by Sandy. May you stay in comfort and warmth. 
Hugs.

10 comments:

  1. Warm, beautiful, and golden to wake up to! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is so warm and gorgeous!! Great drips of paint and yummy layers. This is a nice quote,have never heard it before. I LOVE THE LEAF STAMP!!! I was hoping you would do something in gold, LOVE THIS!! Hugs and prayers for all those effected by Sandy also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layers. Love the touch of gold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What an awesome page. I love all your shiny layers. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is so beautiful, love the texture and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't shiny and rainbow go hand in hand??? I think it's appropriate and what an encouraging sentiment my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulously detailed, layered and shining page!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have no idea who wrote it, but what a wonderful saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just can't fake layers... these are intriguing. Love the drippage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. an elegant page this one is....i love its simplicity yet striking page... rainbow and a pot of gold..hehe... yeah i remember mentioning that in one of your post on rainbow...if its all true; i dont mind digging..

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP