Thursday, November 8, 2012

LESSology Challenge #20: Barely There (full reveal)

Photobucket

Sweet friends,
Have you tried making barely-there cards, ATCs or tags before?. Neither do I, so I'm most excited to share a Barely-there Tag Carousel with you this month. Made this for our last challenge of the year, LESSology Challenge #20: Barely There. Tags are made entirely out of discarded plastic cartons from wafers and biscuits packages!. Here's how it looks like;




If you are not a fan of Alice, that is OK too :). The carousel is perfect to hold Thanksgiving I-Feel-Grateful-For notes, to be a Christmas wish tree, a calendar, a fun ATCs display, little photos memory keeper and many more!. Is that not cool?

Humble materials used in this project;
Plastic cartons, glass bottles, glass crystals and paper clips.



I used an old copper jewelry carousal, bought at the fleamarket to hang all these goodies :). You can create a tree if you like. Using jewelry making tools, I made little tags and ATC-sized cards to hang. Then I added many more glassy and transparent things for fun.

I made some image transfer with clear packing tapes using Magic Alice Digital Collage Sheets from Nicecrane Designs [thanks, Ignacio!]. Love that these images are still somewhat transparent.


Clear packing tape image transfers using Nicecrane's Magic Alice collage sheets.

Some close up of individual tags;






Other fun curious things;
'Looking mirror', a metal rose, skeleton keys, 'Drink Me' magic potion and 'Mad Hatter' tag.

Lastly, a tiny clear ALICE brag book. It is an accordion album, secured with a metal ring. I glued some blue foam alphas for her name :). This is too much fun, isn't it?. 

Do check out other great inspirations from our DT team @ LESSology this month. And come play with us for a spell :). 
Have fun!. Hugs.

13 comments:

  1. This is a labour of love! Really magical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What can I say.... this is totally GORGEOUS, and so very clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative and unique idea,,,,love your creativity and you used very well my Alice Pack here,,,,,congratulations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ignacio!. I've been waiting too long to use your collage sheets :). I'm going to create more Alice stuff now and I've got the most beautiful images to work with, thanks to you!. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness- this is so lovely- delicate with all the transparencies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL .... LOADS of fun, and very cute to boot! Wonderfully creative Shahrul. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely work Shahrul... very creative with the clear packaging. i love the jewelery carousel...tak pernah nampak pulak kat flea market..pandai you cari...hehehe.. its a great find!
    ive been busy lately wth work. and quite low mojo... i need to update my blog soon ...hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, that was really a lucky find :). I've missed you!. yes, yes update soon :). Thanks so much for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  7. WOW WOW WOW, you go all out for these project my friend!! I love this, all the little details are beatutiful. Love the cards. Great job on creative thinking and using everyday things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really, REALLY cool, Shahrul. So many interesting elements... eye candy everywhere. It's like a wind chime w/o the wind. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness girlfriend. What an amazing project. I just love it. You really are so creative.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG..you are so crazy cool! This is brilliant. Pure genius and how incredible it looks. :D Imagine me jumping up and down clapping and then laying down in the grass to stare at it for hours! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally CRAZY of Alice at the moment. I'm pinning away anything Alice like nobody's business. LOL. Hey, thanks so much, glad you had fun!!

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP