Sunday, February 12, 2012

Domestic Goddess Mismatched Mini Album

Hi all. I have just completed my second DT project for Scrappingville. I was given Graphic 45 pattern papers 'Domestic Goddess' collection to work with. I have always loved G45 bold papers, but I find this collection quite tricky to work with. After much thought, I decided to finally scrap about my mother; my beloved domestic goddess. My mother died of asthma, twenty years ago when I was barely 17. I like to remember her as a strong, independant and courageous woman. I'm using photos of my mother when she was in her twenties, studying in a nursing school.

This is what I created as a tribute to my mother. A mismatched mini album bag with the title " Mak, my beloved domestic Goddess". (Mak is another word for mom, mother or mama in Malay).

... the raw materials used in this project


The lid is secured by two little velcro squares. A door handle is 
adhered to the top using brads. I used 1" bronze coil (Zutter) to hold the pages together, then tied with gazillion ribbons because I like it that way :)). Added book corners to the front page for a vintage look.

... I was inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts' artwork.


On the left is a little pocket, inside it there is a letter for my mother. There are a lot of tags from this collection. I can't help myself to create a hidden tag book, inside this mini album. On the last page, I made a stamped background and wrote my favorite childhood song; Que Sera Sera.

I know I get a little carried away ... I posted too many photos here:)). But hey, I just like to share the whole thing. And next month, I will be teaching how to make this album at Scrappingville. The schedules for this mini album classes will be posted on their website very soon. 

Materials used in this project;
*Pattern Papers: Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess
*Cardstock; Coredinations
*Stamps: Crafty R, Paper Artsy Minis, Micia Craft
*Wooden Alphabets: Pink Paislee Expressions Woodshop
*Glitter foam letter stickers: American Crafts Dear Lizzy
*Rubons: 7 Gypsies Butterflies
*Transparency: 7 Gypsies Journal
*Ribbons, Lace, Pompoms: Momoyo
*Medallion Flowers: Maya Road Trinkets
*DYMO label maker
*Copper binder: Zutter
*Book corners: Tim Holtz Ideaology
*Eyelets, brads, paper doilies, button: miscellaneous

Have a good weekend and Happy crafting!

XO,
Shahrul 

7 comments:

  1. My my.. this is sooo lovely.. you captured her beautifully.. another great one kak own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... love the bag look mini album :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to join this class! Any hints on when it may be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vixen. March classes schedule would be posted on 1st March. Do check out Scrappingville's blog soon, or give us a call for inquiries. It's going to SOO much fun.

      Delete
  4. Any chance that the class will be on 1st March itself? I'm going on a short hol on 2nd and on 5th I will be starting class already so I will be living in a land far away from Bangsar. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vixen. Pls call Scrappingville store today (phone # on their website, the link to the store is on my post as well) to confirm your attendance to the Mismatch Album Class, 1st March morning class. Thanx. :))

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP