Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Farewell ...

Dear friends,
Happy Thanksgiving!. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here where I live. But, the thought of the day brought sweet memories of the joy, sharing great food & company with friends. Once, our professor from college invited us, the Malaysian girls over to a Thanksgiving dinner at his home in Denver. Glorious food!. Very lovely close-knit family. That was when I fell in love with my very first pecan pie!. 


This week at Our Beautiful World our word prompt is;

'THANKSGIVING'

Thanksgiving always make me think about comfort food. Comforting, apple-cinnamon candles!. Pretty, yellow mums. Spiced spaghetti squash. French vanilla nut coffee. Nowadays, bread and butter pudding does the same trick. Blissful.



I would love to hear about your stories of Thanksgiving. Come share with us by linking up to Our Beautiful World.

I had this one at the Textile Museum's cafe in town.

Textile Museum, Kuala Lumpur.

This week, I'm saying farewell to Our Beautiful World. What a wonderful journey and a great team of friends!. I cherished every moment of it. There is so much to learn about the world we live in. I'm forever grateful for not only seeing wonders through your lenses but being inspired by them!. So, Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving!. Happy weekending!. HUGS.

12 comments:

  1. It goes without saying how much your gentleness will be missed ... Please keep in touch and have many happy days ... Lovely post and photos my friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum pecan pie, it does wonders for the soul... I have to bake it here quite often as it is my husband's favorite, now I know what to bake when you come visit! Hugs to you, you, you know I will keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes! Miss seeing your art and hope all is well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear friend, you know this is my favorite subject and day of the year!! Can't wait those last few days till it's here, YIPPEE!! I love all the food and the house being warm from the oven on and yummy smells too. What a beautiful memory you have shared, your pictures are wonderful too. Wish you could be here with me this year, that would be so awesome and YUMMY for us both.
    Funny, I've never tried pecan pie but like pecans in my ice cream at Dairy Queen. Will have to try this one day. This year we have our usual pumpkin pie, YUM and a cheery and apple pie, so plenty of pie to go around this year. CAN"T WAIT!!
    Shahurl, I'm sad to see you leave, have enjoyed and learned so much from you in these past months. Thank you for always sharing beautiful stories and photos here for us to see.
    Hope all is well with you right now. It is VERY cold here but the snow hasn't come yet like we thought it would. Sam waited all weekend, poor kid.

    Thank you for the wonderful comments on my blog, always love to see you there. Take care and see you again soon. Happy early Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for knowing you and being inspired by you. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy my friend.. I am sure you are going to be missed over at OBW...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! Would love to taste that pudding! I will miss your OBW posts sweetie. You're such a sweet blogfriend and I loved reading and watching your takes on the word prompts every week. But no tears, I will keep on following your adventures here! Big hugs and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it sure looks yummy, could I have a piece please? : 0
    We will sure miss you here at OBW, but I will be stalking you via your blog, keep us update and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend, I wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Hugs
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gaby :). I hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas too!! And a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. that is a wonderful looking dessert and a great shot of it. makes me feel warm inside just seeing it~ i bet it smells absolutely sensational.

    i have been unable to 'play' along at "Our Beautiful World" for several weeks and have just gotten back into the game.
    i noticed that you were no longer there and am quite sad to see that as i always enjoyed your photography and perspective on life.

    i hope that all is well and just wanted to let you know how much you'll be missed.

    take good care.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP