Thursday, June 7, 2012

LESSology Challenge #15 : Bookend (full reveal)

Photobucket

Hi all. 
It's Shahrul here, with my debut post for LESSology Challenge #15:Bookends. I'm so excited to share with everyone, my latest altered project :). 


I found some gorgeous little black vinyl records (~ 6.5 " in diameter) at the flea market recently and they were perfect for the bookends project!. I found them in one of the vendor's RM$1.00 box!. My jaw dropped and I went home with all 20 pieces of them. 


My completed bookend; small enough to hold little books!. And my little old books, snuggled nicely. I used a couple of metal brackets from DIY store and a couple of wooden rulers to hold both ends together (the vinyls are so light and needed support, hence the rulers *wink*). I used brads to adhere brackets and vinyls to the rulers.



I left parts of the vinyls bare because they already looked gorgeous. The silver beads remind me of sparkly 'disco globes'!. Although, I can't resist to decorate the insides with patterned papers, eyelets and laces. I stamped some phrases on coordinating patterned papers and adhered to the rulers (both top and bottom). Sanded off the edges and distressed with archival ink.


Can't wait to see your creative ideas. Have fun playing along with us!. Hugs.


~ Shahrul ~ 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandi. This is such a fun challenge :).

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! What an amazing find at RM$1! Super jealous here..;)

    A really fabulous project Shahrul. So creative. I love that you've kept most of the vinyls intact. Awesome work girl! So glad you are on my team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LESSology challenges are too cool to be missed. I'd play along in a heart beat. Thank YOU for having me in your team!

      Delete
  3. how cool is this? lol perfectly original and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had real fun making this. It makes me smile too :).

      Delete
  4. Creative indeed!! Awesome work Shahrul! Makes me wanna play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! What good eyes you had to spy these and then transform them into such a wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am normally impulsive when I go flea marketing, but these vinyls are totally a steal! :)

      Delete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP